Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, September 2018
GPA: 3.9 (4.0 scale)
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Earned Master of Fine Arts in Cinema,Television and Interactive Production, May 2002
GPA: 3.9 (4.0 scale); Harold Lloyd Scholarship, New Media Literary Project TA-Ship
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, IL
Earned Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theater, May 1996
GPA: 5.0 (5.0 scale); Tuition Waivers, Highest Honors, Bernard Gold Award, Faculty Player Award, Bronze Tablet
SUNY Fredonia, Fredonia, NY
Department of Visual Art and New Media and Communications Department
Fall 2008- Spring 2013
Created six college courses from broad outlines and instructed students in a variety of subjects, including Adobe Flash and ActionScript 3, technology use, script writing, film history and criticism. Taught lecture sections as large as 40 students and art classes with individual instruction. Received consistently excellent evaluations from both department chairs and students.
Crocs Inc , Niwot,CO
March 2006- August 2008
Sales Process Specialist and IT Business Analyst
Received six promotions in two years, with an emphasis on working to improve the sales-through-billing processes globally. Trained and managed sales staffs in America and the Netherlands on use of various aspects of ERP, diagnosed numerous problems with systems both in setup and use, proposed and implemented improvements to processes, supported business across departments in Europe and Asia, and identified and resolved numerous issues impeding the business. Notable achievements include:
- Identifying and resolving a backlog of frozen orders, including invoicing over $3 million dollars of outstanding sales lost between the EDMS and E1 systems from as far back as April, 2006.
- Working extensively across functions and channels, with Sales, Operations, Accounting and IT departments to resolve specific problems and broader, systematic issues.
- Work as coordinator of new EDI process to get issues resolved, including the creation/maintenance of EDI log and setting up and mediating weekly EDI meeting between Sales and IT.
- Working with, and later for, IT to determine and enforce rules for more effective use of E1.
- Set up and maintenance of Y drive folder architecture and Sales Intranet, including the upload of existing and relevant daily documents -- making logs accessible online and standardized.
- Identifying proper order submission process and standardizing process through training and rules enforcement.
- Working through daily issues with sales process: including entry issues, system issues, warehouse and shipping issues and including the fielding of problems from sales, accounting, vendor comp/controller, planning, procurement, warehousing, etc
- Working with warehouse on development and testing of new AWM process.
- Cleaning up chaotic pricing which included existing items at wrong prices, items not priced and items passing through system at zero pricing.
- Working on the design of a new pricing system with the goal of centralized pricing and Customer Master setup globally for SOX compliance.
- Proposal for global management of processes locally and designed cut-over plan.
- Was the company’s first remote employee, working from Fredonia, NY, from summer 2007 through summer 2008, with strong performance reviews.
- Computer Science:
- Programming Languages:
- Proficient: C++, C, C#, SQL, ActionScript 3.0
- Visual Studio with Subversion VisualSVN
- Vim, Gedit, Sublime Text
- Experienced Windows (all versions) and Linux (Ubuntu) user, also own a Mac and have familiarity
- Expert with Microsoft Office Tools (including Access experience) and JD Edwards Enterprise 1.
- Strong management experience in multiple fields, including a sales force of over 50 to film shoots of varying size, post-production teams and teaching college students in numerous capacities.
- Experienced instructor of various subjects across numerous fields (including variable business processes, software use and college courses in three subjects) with excellent communication skills.
- Highly knowledgeable of computer hardware, having built hobby PCs and supported both Macs and PCs in multiple workplaces.
- A writer with strong composition and editorial skills.
- Very strong work ethic: hired on from several temporary positions, and highly reviewed across all occupations.
- Construct 2: Created a tower defense style game for class project, using 2D animation and Construct 2 game engine (try it out here)
- C++ Programming: Built text-based game Vantage for course project, earning perfect score and winning extra credit as the best project graded and best proposal.
- Web Design (links for the following are all above):
- Database: Built for a class project, this site uses PHP and SQL to display and update database materials from a fictional/game world.
- API: This tutorial for Goodreads API was built as a class project, utilizing form data to communicate with the API and return and display catalog data.
- Flash: personal website and an author website built using Flash.
- UI: Created a proposal for a beverage tracking and review app as part of a class project. Worked in Basalmiq to create an interactive PDF mockup, working with a team of four.
- Other Coding Projects: Please see Github (user mccordd; link available from my website). Note that course assignments are kept as private repositories but are available on request.
- Film projects: worked professionally as assistant editor and have crewed on numerous film productions. Screenplay The Fourth Wall was a finalist at Cinequest 2006 and I continue to read admissions for the festival.